Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Tuh!"


WOW.... talk about slacker! I am about 7 months behind with maintaining this blog. I promise, I will make a better effort somewhere among chasing Annistyn around the house, cleaning up after my husband, wrangling two insane dogs, doing my school work, etc. etc. etc. I've been busy, but that is no excuse for keeping everyone in the dark about Annistyn's adventures. So, since this blog is about her, let me tell you what she has been up to.


Insanely, Annistyn is quickly approaching 11 months. To say the least, she is a mess with a personality unlike any other. Walking is her newest endeavor, and with each daring step she takes, I see my baby girl slowly growing up. It's absolutely fascinating to watch her adapt to the ways of life; however, it is hard. Soon enough, she will not want me to hold her or carry her anymore, and though it may seem like a minute loss, it is enormous to a mother. Now, if that doesn't pull on your heart strings, I don't know what will. Anyway, let's move onto something else before I have to put this blog on pause again so I can go blow my nose and wipe the tears off my face.


She has decided that books are her thing! (Ok, so I mainly think she enjoys the concept of turning pages, but that's a start!) In particular, she is fascinated by animal books, and I have become accustomed reading the same ones over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ... and over again. Sadly enough, I have memorized Baby Einstein's epic tale entitled "What Floats?" Even worse, I have attempted to explain to her that a donkey is not a cat and a rabbit is not a dog. (She refers to cats simply as "Tuh" and Dogs as "Duh" not to be confused with what she calls Rick, "Da"). To say the least, I lost that battle. I caught myself arguing with her. Here I am with these detailed explanations as to why a donkey is not a cat. (You know, hooves, big ears, much larger, stubborn, etc.) She just sits there with an incredibly blank stare on her face watching my mouth move (imagine Charlie Brown teacher mode), and when I finally finish my sermon on the animal kingdom, she looks at me and says, "Tuh." Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment