Saturday, March 28, 2009

3.5 Months.... rolling and drooling


Been a while since I updated, but Annistyn has been keeping me busy! 

Here's the low-down on the munchkin. She is now a VERY active little girl who has mastered the art of rolling over and drooling. Now...  I have tried this whole rolling over ordeal just so I can get a first hand look at why seeing the world from your back is so boring compared to seeing it on your stomach. Let me tell you something: If you haven't tried it, do it! I'm sure I looked like an absolute idiot rolling around on the carpet, but I was curious and I managed to keep the drool thing to a minimum.  (I do recommend moving the furniture out of the way prior to this... so heed caution, and watch before you roll.)

Since the world as she once knew it from her back is "below" her now, the even more daunting venture of exploration has begun...oh and drooling.  So far, she has managed to knock an entire glass of Diet Coke onto my lap at the local pizza place (Nothing like soggy blue jeans and parmesean cheese), pull hair out of our helpless Chihuahua's back, jerk the earrings out of her helpless mother's ear, etc. Even better than the reach and grab tactics are the reach, grab, put in mouth sequence that she also finds quite amusing.  Forget the teething rings and the myriad of toys made specifically for teething, chewing,  and sucking. Who needs those when you can have things like a remote control!?!?!? I swear that thing only works about 1/3 of the time I want it to. The buttons are all sticky and.... ick. (If you come over, just ask one of us to change the channel.)

Did I mention that she drools? You know, I believe I mentioned in another post that my child has the jowls of a St. Bernard puppy, but I am retracting that statement now due to the proven fact that no dog could possibly match Annistyn's "Drool Pool." I didn't know that a child who weighs less than 1/10 of what I do could produce enough sticky slimy goo to cover anything and everything within an arm's reach. Ridiculous. 


In other news, she still looks absolutely nothing like me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment